5 Questions with Natalia Loya

Lukas Luna, Writer

• As a licensed makeup artist and business owner,senior Natalia Loya, has many favorite memories and customers, including Erika Aragon. “My favorite customer has to be my girl Erika,” Loya Said. “She's one of my favorites, she's so nice and we just have this amazing click.”

• Fulfilling her dream, Natalia Loya, 12, does makeup as a profession in Downey and shares how she started her whole business. “When I was a freshman, I started stealing my mom’s makeup and would practice,” Loya said. “Later in high school, people started asking me to do their makeup and that they would pay me and after that I would just get more clients and I continued on from there.”

• Being a successful makeup artist, Natalia Loya, 12, has released her own line of cosmetic essentials for the 2018 season. “ I have officially created my first ever product,” Loya stated. “I created my own eyelashes and they come in packs of 12 and there's 6 different kinds.”

Downey High School senior Natalia Loya is one of the many young entrepreneurs that are currently cropping up across the country. Armed with her on beauty line, Loya hopes to go far in the industry.  

Q1. What inspired you to start producing your own makeup?

“I originally was really focused on school, it was my main priority. But little by little, I started to use my mom’s makeup and my surroundings, I just got really invested in it. Then one day someone asked me to do their makeup and of course I said yes. After that, I started getting more clients and that inspired me to open my own beauty line. That’s where we are now.”

Q2. How do you spread your influence and product?

“I post a lot on social media. My favorite social media would probably have to be Instagram. You can advertise a lot on there. I’m also on Facebook because it gives me access to the older audience, I guess you could say,whereas Instagram is like people my age. I like to connect with everyone, older and younger.”

Q3. Is there any specific brand you take cues from?

“Actually, no.  I just try to do everything myself. There are certain makeup artists who I look up to, but when it comes to my beauty line I try to create something different that no one’s ever seen before.”  

Q4. Is there anything you’ve accomplished so far that you are particularly proud of?

“Yeah, I’ve worked with a lot of famous people. Opening up my own beauty line, that was a really big accomplishment for me because I’ve wanted to do that for a very long time. It was something I’ve wanted to do for a very long time and I’m very proud of myself because I’m only seventeen, so it’s a really big accomplishment for me.”

Q5. Where do you think this career will take you in the future?

“Hopefully, I become very successful and have many people who want to buy my stuff. I ultimately want to be the next Kylie Jenner. She has her own makeup brand and she’s making a lot of money. I want to be able to inspire other people and just be unique.”

If you are interested in purchasing Natalia Loya’s brand of makeup or contacting her, you can reach her at https://www.natalialoya.com/  or https://www.instagram.com/natalialoya/?hl=en