Arthur the King

Arthur the King is based on the true story of Mikael Lindnord and the dog he found while racing in Ecuador. While the film took heavy inspiration from this story, it is not the exact events that took place. This film was an adaptation of the memoir by Mikael Lindnord, Arthur – The Dog Who Crossed the Jungle to Find a Home. 

The film stars Mark Wahlberg as Michael Light and was released March 15, 2024. The film was directed by Simon Cellan Jones and features other actors such as Simu Liu, Nathalie Emmanuel, Ali Suliman, and Juliet Rylance. Bear Grylls also makes an appearance in this movie.

The film follows Michael Light and his last chance to win a race. He recruits a team of old and new members and they embark on their journey to the Dominican Republic. This grueling race includes biking, hiking, running, climbing, etc. Over the next 5 days Michael and his team work to reach the finish line.

However, Michael meets a dog who he feeds. They discover the dog at their next checkpoint miles later. They decide to keep the dog with them and name him Arthur, like the king. They make headlines with their new companion and the story of Arthur the King was born.

The dog this movie is inspired by passed away in 2020 due to cancer. However, he lived the rest of his life in peace in Sweden with Mikael Lindnord.

The movie has a box office of $19.9 million and has been receiving positive reviews.