Avatar Mania

It’s been over two months and people of all ages are still watching the film that premiered on December 18, 2009: “Avatar”. It has a little bit of everything: science fictional characters, action and even romance. The film is so riveting that other news stories suggest people have become desperate to find a place like it, and suicidal because the fictional Pandora doesn’t exist.

The air the natives breathe is completely different to what humans breathe. The indigenous get their food is different than the way humans get their food. The creatures are so exotic and the lush forest is beautifully confounding. They live completely different lives on separate planets light years apart, each with their own wondrous beauty, but they are still so similar.

“I was a bit skeptical, but curious to see James Cameron’s vision of Pandora. After, I was amazed, astonished,” junior Brandon Pineda said.

After his twin brother, a scientist in the avatar field dies, hesitant hero Jake Sully, played by Sam Worthington, takes his place and travels to the Alpha Centauri binary system on the moon of the gas giant Polyphemus: Pandora. Little does he know that he will soon call that place home and will fall in love with the chief’s daughter, Neytiri, voiced by Zoe Saldana. He finds himself caught up in the place and he finally has legs, for he is a war veteran that lost them in battle.

“The actors really did create the perfect chemistry on screen. While watching “Avatar”, someone wouldn’t think they were watching characters interacting in a movie, but rather seeing them as actual people with their own personalities expressed,” sophomore Desirree Mendoza said. “The actors in “Avatar” displayed a great performance throughout the entire movie. I’m not sure if I would change or add any other actors to the film. I wouldn’t know who else to cast.”

Even now, fans are still talking about James Cameron’s new movie, and some people are thinking about starting forums and clubs.

Many people seemed to get the same message coming from the film.

“Nature is important and how the effects imperialism could be a detriment to a life the whole planet and all who inhabit it,” Pineda said.

“The movie was exceptional, captivating, impressive,” Mendoza said.

There are also rumors about a sequel, and with Cameron’s directing abilities, who knows how much better this “sequel” will be?