Pumpkin Drinks are Back!

Fall season is among us! That means seasonal drinks are back to bless us again. Pumpkin spice drinks are a favorite when looking forward to the autumn season and a staple to the ultimate fall season.  Coffee chains like Tierra Mia, Coffee Bean, and Starbucks are back with their seasonal pumpkin drinks. Pumpkin drinks are something that people look forward to drinking every fall. I personally really love fall and the pumpkin drinks really make it a favorite. 

One of the most common coffee chains here is Starbucks. Starbucks gets lots of customers every morning and students are one of them. Lots go to buy their coffee and breakfast for the morning. Starbucks is known for releasing new drinks every new season and the special drink this year is the Pumpkin Chai Tea Latte. The Pumpkin Chai Tea is honestly one of the best decisions ever made. The chai tea is topped off with sweet pumpkin topping with cinnamon and that really sells it to me. I really recommend that one and also the pumpkin frappuccino. The pumpkin frappuccino is the regular frappuccino topped with pumpkin spice. There are various drinks to choose from like the classic Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, and the new Iced Apple Crisp Shaken Espresso. I have a funny little anecdote, when the new season menu came out, my sister and I asked for the chai tea but we accidentally got the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. I thought something strange about the color but I ignored it thinking it was normal even when the color was different in the photo. Boy, when I tell you that drink is strong it is strong; that drink is made for people who really like their coffee strong. I really don’t like my strong coffee so I didn’t really like it but hey if you like strong coffee go for it. 

Fall Starbucks drinkers like Gissell Alvarado,11, give her intake on these seasonal drinks: “I personally like them because every year they add at least one new drink so it gets people anticipating the new flavor every year. It also starts at the beginning of fall and the holiday season.” 

Coffee Bean, a classic coffee chain right across our school, is offering a variety of seasonal menus. Ranging from Pumpkin Cold Brew, Pumpkin Latte, Pumpkin ice blended, and Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. I got the chance to try the Pumpkin Latte iced and it was honestly good. It was a bit bitter but at the same time, it was sweet.  But it was just in-between bitter and sweet, so it’s perfect for those who don’t like really really sweet drinks or really bitter. It was everything you expect with a pumpkin drink and for the fall season. The entirety of the fall menu is only in-store, so if you have time after school go for it. 

Tierra Mia, a coffee chain located in South Gate and Lynwood has recently added a collection of pumpkin drinks to their menu. However,  a new Tierra Mia store is being built in Paramount, a little bit closer to us! From pumpkin lattes to pumpkin cold brews; there’s a lot to choose from. I had the privilege to try the new Pumpkin Creme Frap which is a pumpkin-blended drink with whip cream on top and cinnamon. And it was good, like it didn’t really feel like pumpkin at first but later on it really does. There are lots of choices to choose from that are hard. I really love that coffee chain because it has menus that are unlike anything else. South Gate was the first of the 20 stores Tierra Mia opened. Tierra Mia has a menu ranging from nice ice-blended drinks to hot blended coffee; to view their entire menu here is the link: Tierra Mia Coffee Company.  It was really good. I recommend trying new drinks while you have the chance to do so! 

Autumn is the time to cozy up and enjoy the somewhat cool weather. However, since we live in California, it’s probably always going to be warm; most likely only cool in the night and morning. Anyways, the perfect way to enjoy this cool weather is to try new pumpkin drinks. Homemade or store-bought. Here are some homemade recipes: 

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte | Ambitious Kitchen

The Best Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte.

I hope everyone stays safe during these holiday events and enjoys pumpkin drinks and food!