Valentine’s with the Vikes

About the Contributors
Jazmin Cantoran
Jazmin Cantoran, Photographer
As her second year as a photographer, Jazmin Cantoran, 12, intends to improve her time management and prioritize what’s most important to her this year while also improving her photography skills. Cantoran states how photography is a form of self-expression to her, as she has trouble speaking out a lot, so she enjoys how expressive photography allows her to be. “I’m definitely more social…I’ve always struggled a bit with expressing myself so I feel like photography really allows me to express what I want to.” Cantoran also stated how the newspaper has benefited her these past 2 years. “I’m very quiet but it’s made me branch out and meet a lot of new people which I really like.”
Josemaria Marquez
Josemaria Marquez, Videographer
Business owner Josemaria Marquez is a senior and has been a photographer for two years. Starting in the summer, his main goal for his business now is to sell most or all of his products. His biggest inspiration is his girlfriend; she was the person to get him intrigued into business. In the future, he wants to add more products to his business, but at the moment, he wants to take time with everything. Also, he wants to go to college at CSUN for business just like his sister! Marquez's dream for the future is to watch his business grow and succeed. Another dream is to be on the wall of fame in Downey! So in 5 years from now, you will see him there.  “It only takes one mistake to be successful," Marquez stated.
Ximena Solorzano
Ximena Solorzano, Editor-in-Chief
The Downey Legend’s Co-Editor-in-Chief, Ximena Solorzano, 12, aspires to break the family cycle and experience higher education as the first member. She anticipates the adjustment to various circumstances she might encounter in the near future. Keeping calm in the face of pressure, Solorzano is open to exploring the many routes of life the world offers her while finding comfort in things that are not people along the way. Solorzano pursues the path of building her peak existence by discovering strengths and prioritizing beneficial opportunities. “Life does not follow a simple route. It goes through hills, roads, and unreal situations,” Solorzano stated. “I strive to adapt and not feel hindered by those challenges. Once I go through them and see the self-growth, my perseverance will be shown.”