Tape Murals 2023

Downey High School’s Art Department is a hub of boundless inspiration, where students immerse themselves in the mesmerizing world of tape art murals. With passion as its palette, the art building becomes a haven for creativity, fostering a deep love for expression and innovation. The vibrant tape art murals adorning the walls stand as a testament to the dedication and enthusiasm of our students, showcasing their boundless talent and affection for the craft. Beyond the mere strokes of tape, it’s a testament to the unwavering bond between our students and the artistic spirit thriving within the heart of Downey High.  

Allison Membreno: “Mrs. Puente has been more than a teacher; she’s been a guiding force in my artistic journey. Her dedication and support have amplified my passion for art. Her class isn’t just a requirement; it’s a crucial step towards my aspirations of attending an art school. Her mentorship has truly shaped my perspective on creativity.” 

Jesus Ayon: “Mrs. Puente’s impact on my artistic inclination has been immense. Her teaching style, emphasizing hands-on projects, has made art class an engaging experience. Her encouragement to explore beyond traditional boundaries has ignited my passion for art, making every day in her class a new and exciting adventure.”

Mrs. Puente and Mrs. Carbajal stand as pillars of inspiration in our artistic community at Downey High. Their combined passion for art transcends the conventional role of teachers; they’re catalysts for creativity and motivation. Their dedication to nurturing talent extends far beyond the classroom walls. They not only impart technical skills but also instill confidence in students, encouraging them to explore their artistic identities fearlessly.

Their teaching methods are a blend of expertise and empathy, creating an environment where artistic expression flourishes. Mrs. Puente’s unwavering support and Mrs. Carbajal’s motivational approach resonate deeply with students, fostering a love for art that extends beyond mere skill development. Their mentorship doesn’t stop at the end of a class; it continues to inspire students to push boundaries, experiment, and believe in the power of their own creativity.