Biden-Trump Visit to Border

Current US President Joe Biden and Presidential Candidate Donald Trump made a dueling visit to the US-Mexico border on Thursday, March 1. The visit was classified as a crucial point for both candidates as the presidential elections will be held in November. The highlight of the visit was that the immigration rates have increased in the past few months, an issue both candidates have understood.

Biden has called on Congress to pass a bipartisan border security bill and asks Trump to join him to gather more push to pass this funding and secure the border. The US-Mexico Border will be at the center of debate and it’s important to understand the background of the issue before making any irrelevant claims as this continues and will be a controversial topic for voters in the upcoming election. 

But what can we expect in the next few months leading up to the presidential election, where it’s definitive that a Biden-Trump rematch will take place, something that some Americans aren’t looking forward to. 

An article written by BBC News reported how President Biden has taken a humane approach to contrast Trump’s policies at the start of his term in 2021. The number of deportations of migrants during the Biden Administration has declined steadily compared to those from the previous two administrations, Obama and Trump. 

The article discussed Former President Trump’s rhetoric on immigration, he has pledged to take a direction of promising to his supporters that he will “carry out the “largest deportation operation” in US history to remove undocumented migrants already in the country,” a comment that has sparked indignation among both parties and voters.

BBC’s article highlights the issues that both Biden and Trump differ on and each issue should be approached with a grain of salt. In the end, it’s up to the voters to elect the candidate of their choice and follow their ideologies.

However, with the polarization of politics, it’s unavoidable that controversy will stir up but it’s important to understand the information that comes our way. We should analyze what is being said to avoid any errors in the comments we make because each comment makes a difference in the age of digital media.

It’s important to keep in mind what each candidate has to say and choose one candidate. How many wish we could be more unified? Well, we can do this but educationally, we have to see both sides of the picture and avoid our bias getting in the way of anyone. 

To wrap up, when looking at information, be sure to know who’s proportioning it and know the bias behind it with the help of online websites. Of course, since we use social media daily, we should be cautious of what is being posted to avoid misinformation about topics that may spur up controversy, especially this year the presidential election.