The Future of Jada Williams

A 5’7 point guard ranked in the top 20 of the 2023 class, Jada Williams faces expectations, pressure, and hype. Striving to be PAC12 freshman of the year, Williams aims to prove a point. Coming out of La Jolla Country Day School, she averaged 15.8 minutes per game, 13.1 points per game, 3.5 defensive rebounds per game, and 4.7 assists per game. Considering the 600 K+ social media followers, the people can’t help but wonder if she will flop or flourish in college.

When Jada steps foot on a court, arenas are guaranteed to be packed. But, why is that? Is it her energy, grit, leadership, skill, or passion? I believe the grit in Jada is what makes her such a special player to watch. Not just anyone has the ability or mental toughness to get back up when they’re injured. However, this guard can break a finger, break a toe, or roll an ankle and you will still see her push through to help get a win for her teammates.

Being that she is a point guard first, her job is to make her teammates better and set an example. Head Women’s Basketball Coach Barnes from the University of Arizona took note of the way she’s engaged on and off the court with positive talk. This trait separates her from the rest given that many players hang their heads when things don’t go their way.

She understands that good habits begin with her, and it will spread to the rest of the team creating a domino effect. Without a strong leader the team has no direction and is lost, but luckily for the Arizona Wildcats Jada will set the tone.

Crowds tend to chant, “OVERRATED,” but when you’re great people hate in attempts to bring down the star, therefore Jada plays with poise unfazed. When you put in countless hours of conditioning, shots, and development behind closed doors there is no choice but to trust in your preparation with a big game coming up.
In my opinion, the rising prodigy is underrated waiting for sports analysts who doubt her to be proven wrong in the future.