The Prom Checklist

Melissa Estrada, Section Editor

Prom season is here and seniors are rushing to be prepared for this eventful night. Do not let the stress overwhelm you and take away from this memorable night. To ensure that you are ready for this day, here is a checklist that can help:

1. The Dress

Once you have found your dress, make sure that you have it tailored (if necessary) and scheduled to be on time for prom. The day of make sure that it has been ironed and hang it to avoid wrinkles. If you are having a difficult time finding tailor shops check out some local shops: Dalla’s Same Day Cleaners, Pete’s Tailor Shop, and Downey Tailors.

1. Accessories

Pair your dress with accessories like earrings, rings, and a necklace. Make sure to lay them out the night before in order to prevent misplacing anything and rushing. Places like ALDO and Icing offer a wide variety of accessories for this occasion.

1. Small clutch

You will most likely need a small purse or clutch to take some necessities like your charger, lipstick, I.D., and ticket. (Reminder: no liquids or perfumes will be allowed inside the venue –  including gum)

1. Appointments

If you are planning to have your hair, makeup, and nails done, make sure that an appointment is set up, if possible,  in order to avoid long wait times. Make sure you do not arrive late or miss your appointments. (P.S. Many makeup shops like MAC and Sephora will be fully booked so plan accordingly) You can also try other shops like ULTA or Benefit Cosmetics for makeup appointments.

1. Transportation

Arrange to have a ride to and from the dance. The dance will be held at the Alexandria Ballroom (501 S. Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90013), and is from 8 p.m. -12 a.m. Just a reminder to arrive before 10 p.m.

1. Pictures

If you are planning on taking pictures before the dance at a park or another location, make sure to arrive 2-3 hours prior to 8 p.m. Some recommendations: LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art), Echo Park, Wilderness Park in Downey, and Heritage Park in Cerritos.

Prom will be on May 13 from 8 p.m. – 12 a.m. and doors will be closed at 10 p.m. Bring your I.D. card and your ticket, and do not forget to enjoy the last dance of your high school experience.