Sublime confirms the long awaited reunion

Roy Mendoza, Co-Editor-in-Chief/Copy Editor

Rumors have been confirmed that the punk/reggae band Sublime has reunited with a new lead singer and guitar player named Rome.

Remaining Sublime members Bud Gauh and Eric Wilson first introduced this new young singer to the world on Feb. 28 at the Cantina Los Tres Hombres.  Right after the first show, people went crazy in finding out exactly who this new singer was.  Days after the performance, a blog was posted on Gauh’s current band Del Mar’s MySpace page. The message stated that the man who joined the stage was a 20-year-old man from northern California named Rome.

Wilson first played with Rome for a RAWsession Cover, which was posted on YouTube on Oct. 16, 2008.  Along with a bright young singer named Kat and a man named Deli playing the congas, they sang a different version of the popular Sublime song called “Saw Red”. This is the first known taping of the new, reunited Sublime.

According to a MySpace bulletin posted on Sept. 1, Del Mar said, “It’s official now [as reported by Billboard and others] so we can finally speak out- Bud and Eric are getting ready to reunite as Sublime with Rome.”

“If I had a chance, I would tell [Gauh and Wilson] to stay retired because you can’t beat their old songs,” said freshman Brandon Torres. “There is no point in trying